Monday, April 21, 2008

Does your car's tyres puncture 2 at a time?

Well, it just happen to me the day before yesterday. Literally, it renders you helpless (maybe we shd start having 2 spare tyres on cars..). Thank God that I am not in the "no man" desert when this happens. Apparently, for small punctures, you wont notice them until you stop the car for a while - it can still sustain for a while when in motion. That is what happen - we discovered that 2 tyres on the same side of the car are punctured by the time we finished our dinner.

Dont have any breakdown service number with me to call. So, end up calling the whole world. Called honda servicing for help or at least to get a number to follow on. A gives me B's number, B gives me C, C gives me D, D gives me E. Thank God that it stops at E. Well, this is the kind of customer service you can expect in Qatar... I am sure my wife and I would be more torrent with customer services when back in Singapore.

So, E said that he will arrive in 20 mins. 30 mins later, I called and he said he will arrive in 10 times time. In total, he came after est 40-50 mins. It is a tow service. The price is reasonable - 100qr or 40 sing. Thought I will be held ransom in such situations.

When we reached the auto repair shop, the guy said that no new tyre would be given, and that mine would be repaired instead. and he kind of stick a "thread toothpaste" into the identified holes. Both punctures happen on the same side of the tyres. Hope the repairs can last.. if not, 1 tyre costs about 250qr or 100sing.

Recalling about such incidents. This is the 3rd time I have punctured tyres and it seems like it always happen 2 at a time... On the 2nd experience, I made a mistake of "dragging" the car along with a punctured tyre in states after changing 1 to spare tyre.. nearly cant get insurance to pay.. Well, learnt my lesson this time round and some others also.. : ) will share more when we meet again..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must have been difficult that day....