Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pussy - My Cat

It's always my wish to have a pet.

In Singapore, I find that our lifestyle do not allow us to do so since we are always, i mean always back home late.

Thank God, I get to meet Pussy right at the door step of our villa on my 2nd day here.
Pussy is a lovely fur cat. Her origin should be from the mountain in the Middle East - probably Lebanon where the temperature can be cold. How she ended up in Qatar ? I'm not sure.
But I heard that cats were imported to Qatar to curb the rats problem years ago. And now that the rats are gone, cats populated the land.

Pussy's temperament is quite mild but she does have her defensive skills. 2 days ago, I playfully threw a blouse on her just to have some fun. And in the midst of the darkness, her head came through the sleeve and got stuck... Seeing such comical sight, I tried to free her. But Pussy sensed danger rather than help from me and she struggled out on her own, fiercely refused my help.. Result ? she torn my blouse !! Gosh... what I meant for fun cost me 55 riyals!!..and that is one of my fav blouse bought in Doha. And one of the few i could wear to work. I was angry with her for the whole day and with myself for making such a silly act. Andrew said I deserved to learn a lesson. - Never put my trust on a cat !

Still, this cat is getting more affectionate to us as days go by, she probably knows that I have no ill intentions and will feed her at the right time.

Lately, her 'figure' changed and meow for food often.. We suspect that she may be pregnant. So who is responsible for that ? The handsome black cat or that ugly pancake-face cat.
We shall find out in due time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiya, wasted! The nice blouse is spoilt liao. Btw, Pussy looks pretty leh!

YVES said...

huh? She is pregnant? I heard from my mom cats can give birth to many. But I think it will not be as bad as my hamsters. Now, my xiao bai and xiao hei have become grandparents already!