Friday, February 1, 2008

Steamboat


We had our a steamboat gathering at our place last night. It was quite stressful because
1. I'm still amateur in my cooking and should be catering for 15 !
2. We only have 2 sets of cutleries at home !
3. Need to seriously clean up the house.

But it was good as I managed to give the house a thorough vacuum and cleared up the cluster of mess on my dinning table. As for the food, the broth turned out fine despite the fact that I used peas to boil instead of soy bean . (Lili -I got the wrong beans !) I also prepared beef stew, grilled chicken wings and broccoli with prawns. Annie bought all the ingredients for the steamboat and with that, all of us had a good time feasting and chatting.

It was also great to catch " A night in the Museum" again with the kids after the dinner.
Ben Stiller - our all time favorite joker. Anyone like to watch "Meet the Parents"?

2 comments:

YVES said...

Another way to make nice broth for steamboat is to use carrot and corn, if no corn can use potatoes too.

Good try, buddy!

Christopher Lui said...

aiyo, also can dump chicken bones in lah...especially those you don't want...