Saturday, March 22, 2008

Our Pussy cat a few days back..

Just like any other day, I came back from work, changed, had a bite and ready to play with Pussy.

Andrew warned me that she was dirty and we presumed she must had sat on some dirty pile somewhere. So I gave Pussy a shower..using a spray hose..Poor kitty, she was begging for my mercy as I spray at her ass. Cats simply hate to bathe, don't they.

But Pussy looked different that day. She was a lot slimmer suddenly and we wondered if she had given birth. But if she had, where were the kittens?
Andrew said maybe she was not pregnant afterall.. perhaps..but my guess was that maybe she had but they were stillborn.
Pussy quickly dried herself but kept meowing for more food..

I just ignored her.

Later in the evening, when we returned from our dinner..we saw Pussy again and she cried for food.. again so I fed her with some leftover and asked her if she was really pregnant or not?

Pussy finished her meal and and left shortly.. Curious, I tailed her..She saw me but did not stop me from following her..she went to the garden, then out to a bush beside the villa..then she went in. I knew something was fishy..so I squat down to take a closer look....but it was too dark and I saw nothing inside..

Just as I am about to leave,I heard a faint kitten cry !.....Oh mine...Pussy was indeed pregnant and had given birth !!!
And she was so smart to hide her treasures in bushes.. one that was so safe that no predator (like me) can access.

I was so filled with joy that i jumped to tell Andrew of this good news. It was really a happy and emotional day to me..liken when i received news that my sister in law or jasmine had delivered..hee.

But at the same time, I felt so bad that I made my cat took bath right after her delivery.(a no no for confinement right). And I sprayed water at her ass...so painful for her right. I also did not feed her when she was so hungry in the day..Bad.

So on 20 March, Pussy had given birth to 4 beautiful kittens. I had yet to see them cos she preferred to nurse her without human intervention.
I will be nicer to her now..will serve her warm food for the next few weeks.

Hopefully, I get to see her kittens soon. I'm an excited grandma now.

2 comments:

YVES said...

Congrats! Happy Grandma!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats too! I also hope to see yr "grand children" 's pic very soon ok. Must be cute la, Yeah!